Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Watercolor Fairy Card

Hey guys,

Its been months since my last post but I plan to be more on top of it. I had a baby thank God but now I'm getting back in the swing of things slowly but surely!

Today I'm back with a great watercolor card!



I stamped the rose fairy (from "Flower Fairy Friends" by Crafter's Companion) using brown pigment ink and used watercolor pencils to paint her. (Tip: unlike me try to clear emboss over the ink to keep it from bleeding. I tried but the ink wasn't wet enough and I was to lazy to stamp it again lol!)
Once she was dry I was able to apply a few different colors of glitter glue onto her to give her some pop! I also used Rangers Glossy Accents to make her wings look glazed but it's hard to see in the shot. Lastly I fussy cut her out leaving a bit of a border for contrast.
For the saying (from "Clearly the Right Words" by Dyan Reaveley) I used the same brown ink and fussy cut that as well. I adhered both the fairy and the saying with 3D Pop Dots to give it a bit of dimension.
As for the background, I used a Fiskars corner punch and then used stencils and Pan Pastels to give the paper a bit more interest. (Tip: It's important when using Pan Pastels that you use a fixative in between layers so you don't smudge you previous work! And once totally done, give it one more spray of the stuff to make sure it won't come on the person you made it for!;)
The last little embellishment I used was pearl dots on the purple pattern on the background to add some extra "umph."
And there you have it! 

I am entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge for this week. It's been waaaaay too long since I've joined a challenge and where better to start then Simon Says Stamp! :)


Have a great day!

Gavi

No comments:

Post a Comment