Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mothers Day!

Hey to all you mothers out there!

 Thought I'd share a couple of mother's day projects I made this year....




This is a tag I made for my grandma's gift bag. Nothing to complicated; I just aged and stamped the tag and patterned card stock I used as the background. Dyed some lace, popped on some pretty flowers, die cut the little heart and whipped up a label.  As a finishing touch I added some ribbon to the top. Walaaah!

This next one was the card I gave to my mother.



I used the Tim Holtz Butterfly edge die for the effect on top; the butterflies were first stamped with music notes and clear embossing powder to create a resist and then rubbed over with Viva Decor Inka Gold to give them an awesome golden metallic look. Next the word "mom" was made from K&CO chipboard letters, and the flowers were various stamps with gold embossing powder and chalk ink for the shrubbery. Lastly, I used gold mica powder over the whole card and sprayed with a fixative to keep it adhered, giving it a general golden sheen (unfortunately it wasn't possible to get on camera).

This photo here just gives you a better view of the metallic yummieness of the butterflies ;)!



Well as always hope you enjoyed and had a great mothers day!
Gavi

No comments:

Post a Comment