Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Winter floral card

Hey guys,

After working for quite some time on the aesthetics of my blog today, I feel I want to add a new card as a finishing touch! 



So here's the secret to this card- layers, layers and more layers! ;)
This stamp is from one of my favorite stamp companies Holly Berry House (this one in particular is called Earth Whispers Medallion 1707-N if your interested). 
The basic idea is to stamp it multiple times, so you can create one layer on top of another, successively smaller each time. 
I took some white card stock and used silver embossing powder so that I would have an easy time coloring inside the lines ;) and so it would give it a more elegant look. 
The most tedious part was cutting it all up and making sure I had the right layers colored, etc. After that was the fun part where I colored, glittered and sprinkled various little goodies on top to make the card really pop! 


Once it dried, I took foam tape and stuck it to the back of each level giving it some nice dimension.
The background was made with an embossing folder on light blue card stock. I then used a darker blue ink pad to highlight the pattern of the embossing folder. I added one more layer behind that, made a quick little bow out of ribbon and added some bling in the corners of the whole card to complete the look.

If there is one thing I hope you take away, it's that with a little patience and some crafty supplies you can do great things! :)

I am also entering this card into The Simon Says Stamp Monday blog challenge.

Peace out!
            Gavi

No comments:

Post a Comment